To control Julia seed dragging behaviour
1) On the File menu, click Preferences.
2) Click the Miscellaneous tab.
3) Under Julia Seed Dragging, adjust the following settings:
- Max block size -- This controls how much of a fractal window gets recalculated while dragging a Julia seed. Lower block sizes are appropriate for fast machines or small Julia windows, where you can get higher quality animations when dragging the Julia seed. However, this may mean that the entire window doesn't have time to get calculated on each frame. Conversely, higher block sizes are appropriate for slow machines or large Julia windows.
- Frame rate -- This controls the speed at which the fractal window is updated while dragging the Julia seed. If you have an extremely fast machine, or a small Julia window, you may want to increase the frame rate, for better animation quality.