To set up a zoom movie
1) In a fractal window, zoom in and move to the location that you want as the last frame of the zoom movie.
2) On the Render menu, click Make Zoom Movie.
3) Specify a location and name for the zoom movie on disk, then click Save.
Fractal eXtreme saves zoom movies with a .fxz file name extension.
The movie begins rendering to disk. After all frames have been rendered, the FX Movie Player displays the rendered zoom movie. Use the controls in the FX Movie Player to view the zoom movie, to speed up and slow down playback, and to cycle colours.
- If the advanced flag in preferences is turned on, then you will also have an opportunity to specify the starting zoom level using the Zoom Movie dialog box.
- With most movie-making system you would render animations at a larger size (pixel dimension) to produce better results. However, for zoom movies, it's better to render at a smaller size, then view them at a larger size in the FX Movie Player. The special zoom movie playback technology means that there is very little quality loss from rendering at lower resolutions than you plan to view at. If you enable antialiasing then the zoom movie quality will be greatly improved and you can render at an even lower resolution without loss of quality.